All of these pages are done in my Dyan Reavely art journal( which is awesome!).
The ladies over at CSI are doing another case file this week that I wanted to get in on. I barely made the deadline! Here is the challenge:
The deadline is today, so if you want to take part-you still have a little time left! There is also another one that isn’t due until July 22, if you need a little more time.
I don’t normally do outdoorsy layouts, so this one started out as real “challenge”-ha! But I soon found my groove with my tree stencil and some colored modeling paste-I think I got off to a pretty good start. I wanted to keep the actual photo and the surround pretty simple since I did so much with my background. If you look closely, you can see little yellow stars I stenciled with Pan Pastels. I also used a chicken wire stencil with some blue paint and added a little here and there-the rest is mostly stamps and papers with some faux stitching around the edges.
Thanks for stopping by!
So, I have this expensive jar of Golden Absorbent Grounds because a certain well known artist and blogger in my area (I’ll give you a hint: her initials are DD 🙂 recommends them for preparing your substrate for watercolors (if you aren’t using watercolor paper). I bought them and kind of haphazardly used them one time, but wasn’t impressed with it at all,so I just set it aside and forgot about it. Well, after considering how much money I spent on it, I hated to just let it go to waste-so I figured I would do a controlled experiment to see if I liked it better.
Results: I have mixed feelings. The watercolors did mix and move better with the AG, but you could see the brush marks behind the paint which I didn’t like at all-I would say you definitely need it to make gelatos move-but it’s optional with watercolor crayons. I didn’t try it with liquid or tube watercolors-maybe you can try that and share your results with me.
Here are the results of my experiments: